Location:Bennett Court, Ash Grove, South Elmsall, Pontefract, WF9 2TF
Hours: Full time
Salary: £25,000 per annum dependent on experience
*Please note, the succesful applicant wont start until November 2021 but interviews will be held in the next few months*
Do you want to be part of brand new service from the beginning, creating something special in Pontefract?
This role is being advertised for a new specialist centre which means you have the fantastic opportunity to help create the most outstanding home and team environment.
Construction of the home started in November 2020, by contractor Walter Thompson, and is due to be completed in Winter 2021, bringing a range of jobs to the local area in managerial, domestic, nursing, catering and caring roles.
The home, located in the South Elmsall area of Pontefract, will have 30 large bedrooms - each with an en suite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens. It'll care for 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including people living with a brain injury, neuro-disability, spinal injury, physical disability and mental health condition. With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative experienced or newly qualified Occupational therapist to support the therapy services in Blackmoor, alongside a Physiotherapist and Therapy Assistant. Together you will be developing person centred care pathways as part of individual rehabilitation for the service users. Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is fundamental in helping our service users to feel respected, included and cared for.
Working with our team of specialist nurses and support workers you will be expected to contribute to integrated care planning with the aim of enabling our services users to reach their goals.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, (including neuro and cognitive rehabilitation, facilitating independence with skills for life) ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff at the care home.
- Working as part of a team
- Delegation of therapy to assistant therapist, activities co-ordinators and support workers
- Lead professional for the Activities service
- Attend MDT meetings
- Be an advocate for therapy for the service user
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation in line with legal requirements
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- We expect that you will be a qualified or newly qualified Occupational Therapist ideally with some experience within the private sector however this is not essential.
- HCPC Registered.
- Experience acquired brain injury, mental health, and neurological care would also be advantageous, however, full training is provided via our comprehensive induction.
- 28 days holiday including stats
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Free car parking.
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive induction program.
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
If you would like to discuss anything regarding the Home or role please ring Simone on 07375 924 443
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care