Fairburn Vale, Castleford: WF10 2PY
Hourly Rate: Up to £16.20 per hour (dependent on experience)
Health and Social workers are now classed as "key workers" so this role will allow your children a place in school or nursery to help with your childcare whilst at work.
About the Home
Our Mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Fairburn Vale, we care for those with brain injuries and long-term neurological conditions. Our focus is to provide a rehabilitation support service, increasing independence and developing life skills of service users.
Following an acquired brain injury, we work with service users, families and professionals to develop a care and rehabilitation plan centred around the specific individual. It is important we feel our service users and cared for, are happy and can work towards their specific goals.
- Taking responsibility for a clinical caseload
- Carrying out assessments and reviews, ensuring that service users receive appropriate treatment
- Using appropriate communication skills and tools to communicate with service users
- Monitoring, evaluating and recording patient progress, modifying treatment plans as required
- Liaising with agencies including GPs, consultants, hospital staff, PCTs and social services
- Liaising with the nursing team and care staff
- Working as part of a team
- Assisting with the training of other health care staff as required
- 28 days holiday
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
- Free car parking
- Paid DBS - Worth £44
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive 2-day induction program
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager