Position: Unit Manager (RGN, RMN, RNLD)
Care home: Fernwood
Location: 239 Knowsley Lane, Knowsley, L36 8EL
Contract type: 24 to 48 hour contracts available - Day and night shifts (must be flexible),
Rate: £19.63 per hour
This is an exciting opportunity to use your nursing leadership skills to make a real difference every day. Join us as our new Unit Manager at Fernwood care home in Knowsley.
In this role, you’ll work at a senior level, under the leadership of the Clinical Nurse Manager, to manage a team of nursing and care colleagues, drive quality and maintain high standards of care on your unit.
As a Registered Nurse with us, you’ll be empowered to really make a difference.
Our high staffing levels give you the time to provide truly person-centred nursing care, with a supportive team around you.
And our excellent training and career development pathways support you to be the best Nurse you can be.
About Exemplar Health Care
Fernwood is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Fernwood will support adults living with acquired brain injuries, complex mental health needs, dementia and physical disabilities. The new care home, located on Knowsley Lane, will open early 2024.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join a brand new team, you will be part of the journey from the very beginning, giving you a real opportunity to make your mark.
About the role
As a Unit Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you’ll be at the forefront of clinical care delivery for the people living on your designated unit.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- leading your unit’s care and nursing teams to ensure we meet the medical, physical and emotional needs of the people we support
- providing strong leadership to maintain and continuously develop high standards of care and drive continuous improvement
- overseeing and managing all your unit’s clinical elements and risks
- ensuring care plans and risk assessments are completed and reviewed in a timely manner and reflect care interventions appropriately
- acting as the Named Nurse for residents allocated to you, with responsibility for the oversight, review and update of their care profiles
- the supervision and management of your unit’s ordering, handling, storage,administration, recording and disposalof medication.
Download our job description to read more:
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
You’ll be a natural role model with the ability to manage your unit’s team of Registered Nurses, Nurse Associates and Health Care Assistants.
You’ll also have:
- a thorough understanding of best practice in nursing care
- an excellent range of clinical and communication skills that you’re able to demonstrate
- an enthusiastic approach to encouraging and motivating people
- the ability to work confidently on your own initiative
- a good standard of digital skills.
To apply for this role, you must have a first-level nursing registration with a valid Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) PIN.
As this is a management role, you should also have post-registration and management or supervisory experience and/or training or qualifications. This is a great opportunity for a Registered Nurse who wants to progress into management.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- retail and lifestyle reward discounts
- free DBS check
- electric car salary sacrifice scheme
- paid NMC membership
- paid access to the RCNi Learning platform
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, you can call our Nurse Talent Specialists on 07375926210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship. Candidates without an existing visa or right to work in the UK are unlikely to be suitable for the post.