Position: Night Unit Manager
Location: Wheldale Heights Location: Castleford (WF10)
Hours: Full time - 42 hours per week (3 shifts 1 week, 4 the next rotation)
Salary: £22.45 per hour
About Exemplar Healthcare:
Exemplar Health Care is a leading provider of specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity needs. We support people living with neuro-disabilities, brain injuries, spinal injuries, stroke, mental ill-health, physical disabilities, learning disabilities and/or autism and complex dementia, in our complex needs care homes across England. We have over 40 homes across Yorkshire, the Midlands, North East and North West that provide a welcoming and supportive environment where people can feel at home, continue to do the things that they enjoy, and remain closer to family, friends and loved ones.
About Wheldale Heights:
Wheldale Heights complex needs care home in Castleford, West Yorkshire consists of 2 units of 12 (1 male only and 1 mixed). Wheldale specialises in supporting adults living with acquired brain injuries, complex mental health needs, physical disabilities and neuro-degenerative disorders such as Huntington's and Motor Neurones.
About the Role:
Wheldale Heights wants highly motivated Senior RMN /RNLD or RGNs with a passion and desire to make a difference! We aim to deliver person centred and outcome focused care and strive to help those service users who are able to transition away from nursing care and back to community living. We are looking for a Senior Registered Nurse to join the team at Wheldale Heights as our Unit Manager. Being at the forefront of clinical care delivery you will be responsible in providing strong leadership to develop and improve the standard of daily living. You will be empowered to really make a difference and the nursing home size means you have sufficient time in a day to make a real difference to the lives of those in your care. You will lead the nurse team during your shifts, conduct supervisions and appraisals with your team, manage staffing levels and assist with staff training and development. complete and maintain good governance, review and update care plans and medication records, and You will ensure that your team, and the wider home, complies with regulatory requirements and meets CQC standards.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Free uniform
- Paid NMC membership – we’ll reimburse Nurses for the cost of renewing their Nursing and Midwifery Council Registration (NMC PIN) once they’ve been employed for 12 months.
- Free car parking
- Clinical Supervisions
- Paid enhanced DBS check - we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
- Full paid induction
- Blue Light Card - colleagues are eligible to apply for a Blue Light Card and get discounts at 100's of retailers and restaurants.
- Lifestyle and retail discounts
- The Company Shop - colleagues can become a member of The Company Shop and purchase groceries, gardening and electrical items at a heavily discounted price.
- Pension plan – after 3 months, colleagues are auto-enrolled into our NOW Pensions pension scheme where we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme - Registered Nurses can save money on a brand new electric car through a salary sacrifice scheme.
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse RMN/RNLD/RGN and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity.
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and use these at all times by being an effective communicator and being passionate about your work.
- Working alongside staff teams you will be a team player by coaching and mentoring junior staff, demonstrating outstanding communication skills with a positive and supportive attitude within a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for every one we care for and work with.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*Ts & Cs apply
For further details on the role please contact our Nicole on 07949 530 193 or apply now!