Care Home: Fairwinds
Location: Rotherham (S61 1AJ)
Contract type: Permanent - Part Time hours available
Shifts Available: 40 hours hours per week - Flexible
Rate/Salary: £10.29 per hour
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 35 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Fairwinds has 20 large bedrooms, each with an en-suite, across two units. The home has communal dining and living spaces, an activities hub, a nail bar, a therapy kitchen and a large accessible garden.
Fairwinds also has a OneCare service which provides complex care in a domestic environment, ideal for those whose needs require that they live alone. Our OneCare service is based in two two-bedroom houses around the corner from the main care home.
To take a virtual tour of Fairwinds click here: https://www.exemplarhc.com/care-homes/fairwinds
About the Role:
As the maintenance person your key tasks will include:
- Carry out decorating and redecorating as directed
- Assist in emergency evacuations and fire drills & carry out weekly fire checks
- Pat testing of electrical equipment
- Liaise with external contractors
- Ensure smooth running of plant machinery and equipment, including gas, electric, oil, and water installation
- Complete maintenance checks identified in the maintenance manual and regulative checks
- Ensure health & safety of self, Service Users, staff and contractors/visitors
- Safe handling of equipment and chemicals
- Possess and maintain a valid driving licence
- Electrical, Plumbing and Joinery work
- Being available for emergency call outs
- An enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
- You will need to have excellent organisational and planning skills and be a good communicator. You should be able to work on your own initiative as well as being part of the team.
- A 17th edition electrical certificate would be advantageous, or willing to work towards the qualification.
- You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection
- Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although the sector is not important
About Your Career:
There is plenty of opportunity for progression at Exemplar Health Care for the right candidate including Head Office roles.
About Your Benefits*:
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please contact our Recruitment Team on 01977 630 830 for an informal chat or alternatively email: Pod7@Exemplarhc.com
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care
Rewarding your dedication
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts - all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme - all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
Pension plan - after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check - we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
Referral bonus - if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities - there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.