Care Home: Lakeview
Location: Leigh, Wigan (WN7 5ET)
Contract type: Permanent - part time hours available
Shifts Available: 24 Hours
Rate/Salary: £10.98 Per Hour
CQC Rating: Good (23-Jun-21)
This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills to make a real difference every day.
Join us as our new Maintenance Technician at Lakeview care home in Wigan.
If you’re looking for a rewarding maintenance role with a difference, we have the job for you.
At Lakeview, our Maintenance Technicians ensure a safe and welcoming home for the people we support.
In the role, you’ll ensure that everything works well and looks its best for everyone who lives, works and visits here. Come and join our friendly and professional team.
About Exemplar Health Care
Lakeview is part of Exemplar Health Care, a leading provider of specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
We support adults living with complex mental health needs, dementia, neuro-disabilities including Huntington’s disease, and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Maintenance Technician plays a key role in ensuring that the fabrics, fittings, fixtures and equipment in the home are in good condition.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- generic day to day maintenance of the home
- liaising with external contractors
- carrying out regular risk assessments, fire safety, audits and checks.
You’ll put our people at the heart of everything you do – whether that’s painting bedrooms, building planters in the garden or putting pictures on people’s walls. We can guarantee that whatever you bring to the role, you’ll see great rewards.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy and ongoing training programmes.
Download our job description to read more:
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- able to demonstrate a broad range of maintenance skills
- knowledgeable about, and experienced in, health and safety legislation and regulations
- a great communicator, both verbally and in writing
- someone with digital skills and an understanding of how IT works
- a team player
- kind, caring and understanding.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fastP.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, applicants must be authorized to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.