Care Home: Wykewood
Location: Huddersfield Road, Wyke, BD12 8AA
Hours: Full time
£10.50 - £11.50 dependent on experience and qualifications
Do you want to be part of brand new service Wyke, Bradford?
Our new complex needs care home, Wykewood, opened in June 2021 and provides specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs.
The role of maintenance is to be a key member of the team for health & safety, general maintenance and repairs within the home.
As the maintenance person your key tasks will include:
- Carry out decorating and redecorating as directed
- Assist in emergency evacuations and fire drills & carry out weekly fire checks
- Pat testing of electrical equipment
- Liaise with external contractors
- Ensure smooth running of plant machinery and equipment, including gas, electric, oil, and water installation
- Complete maintenance checks identified in the maintenance manual and regulative checks
- Ensure health & safety of self, Service Users, staff and contractors/visitors
- Safe handling of equipment and chemicals
- Possess and maintain a valid driving licence
- Electrical, Plumbing and Joinery work
- Being available for emergency call outs
You will need to have excellent organisational and planning skills and be a good communicator. You should be able to work on your own initiative as well as being part of the team.
For this role driving will be required so you must possess a full UK driving licence.
A 17th edition electrical certificate would be advantageous, or willing to work towards the qualification.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
What we offer in return:
5.6 weeks holiday.
Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
Free car parking.
Outstanding career progression.
Comprehensive induction program.
Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1,500*
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care