Willowbeck - S4 8AR
Hourly Rate: £8.46 per hour
About the Home
Willowbeck is an 80 bed Nurse led home which provides complex care for adults aged between 18 – 65 years. We support and encourage people to be happy, fulfilled and involved in their care. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for, so we identify achievable goals and outcomes with our residents, their families and relevant professionals.
The role of maintenance is to be a key member of the team for health & safety, general maintenance, and repairs within Willowbeck.
As the maintenance person your key tasks will include:
- Carry out decorating and redecorating as directed
- Assist in emergency evacuations and fire drills & carry out weekly fire checks
- Pat testing of electrical equipment
- Liaise with external contractors
- Ensure smooth running of plant machinery and equipment, including gas, electric, oil, and water installation
- Complete maintenance checks identified in the maintenance manual and regulative checks
- Ensure health & safety of self, Service Users, staff and contractors/visitors
- Safe handling of equipment and chemicals
- Possess and maintain a valid driving licence
- Electrical, Plumbing and Joinery work
- Being available for emergency call outs
You will need to have excellent organisational and planning skills and be a good communicator. You should be able to work on your own initiative as well as being part of the team.
For this role driving will be required so you must possess a full UK driving licence
A 17th edition electrical certificate would be advantageous, or willing to work towards the qualification.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required.
What we offer in return:
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 3 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager