Life Skills/ Activities Coordinator
Care Home: Marmaduke
Location: Marmaduke Street, HU3
Hourly Rate: £8.72 per hour
Do you want to be part of brand new service from the beginning, creating something special in Hull?
This role is being advertised for a new specialist centre which means you have the fantastic opportunity to help create the most outstanding home and team environment.
Marmaduke is in the process of being built and is due to open in Spring 2021, when complete it will be an amazing care home with a difference! It will arguably be the most fabulous home in the area for 18 adults with complex needs and we are now recruiting!
The unique layout at Marmaduke means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Plan & organise in house activities, including social activities & events with the life skills team
• Identify each Service Users needs whilst promoting independence and choice
• Assist in the development of weekly programmes ensuring all individuals needs are attained
• Plan and organise monthly resident’s meetings
• Risk assess planned activities and venues with the Life Skills team
• Access appropriate transport
• Monitor and review Service Users participation
• Help to organise and plan fund raising events
• You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction.
• Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
• Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
• A full driving license is a MUST
• A strong knowledge of the local community
• Ideally we are looking for someone with an artist flair, whether that be in music or any of the other arts.
What we can offer you:
• 5.6 weeks’ holiday. (Pro rata)
• Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
• Outstanding career progression.
• Comprehensive 2-day induction program.
• Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If you are interested, please apply today!
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care