Lead Activities Facilitator
Willowbeck, Sheffield - S4 8AR
Hourly Rate: £9.27 per hour
Health and Social workers are now classed as "key workers" so this role will allow your children a place in school or nursery to help with your childcare whilst at work.
About the Home
Willowbeck is a nurse-led home for adults with complex needs.
At Willowbeck, we build our care and activity plans around the person, not the condition. We support and encourage people to be happy, fulfilled and involved in their care. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for, so we identify achievable goals and outcomes with our residents, their families and relevant professionals.
Working with families, professionals and most importantly our service users, we build care and activity plans around individuals. Encouraging service users to be happy and develop their skills is important. We want to ensure they are working towards their goals, and gain a sense of achievement.
Your enthusiasm, warmth and compassion is a fundamental part in helping our Service Users to feel respected, included and cared for. You will promote the core values of care, help maintain independence, dignity, assist with personal care and ensure the physical and emotional needs of our Service Users are met.
- Plan & organise in house activities, including social activities & events with the life skills team
- Identify each Service Users needs whilst promoting independence and choice
- Assist in the development of weekly programmes ensuring all individuals needs are attained
- Plan and organise monthly residents meetings
- Risk assess planned activites and venues with the Life Skills team
- Access appropriate transport
- Monitor and review Service Users participation
- Help to organise and plan fund raising events
- You will need to be well organised and whilst you should be a good team player you should also be able to work on your own initiative and be able to follow instruction.
- Ideally we would like you to have a QCF (NVQ) Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Experience and involvement in social and recreational activities for Service Users
- A full driving licence is a MUST
- A strong knowledge of the local community
- Ideally we are looking for someone with a artist flair, whether that be in musics or any of the other arts.
What we can offer you:
- 5.6 weeks holiday. (Pro rata)
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1,500
Exemplar values are unique to us and chosen by our colleagues who work here. We aim to work alongside people who share these values to create an exceptional culture of inclusivity and a great place to work. The five key values are: -
If you are interested please apply today!
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager