Kitchen Assistant - Bank
Scotia Heights - ST6 4HA
Hourly Rate: £9.79 per hour
About the Home
Scotia Heights is a 60 bedded younger persons specialist home. we require forward thinking staff who strive to promote the service users wellbeing and independence at all times, allowing all our service users achieve the best they can for themselves and with your assistance.
Working alongside the Kitchen Manager, you will be part of a small team responsible for ensuring that our service users are provided with appetising and nutritional meets, to meet their dietary requirements.
Your role will include:
- Preparing and cooking food in a safe manner
- Ensuring that all food is stored at appropriate temperatures in line with legislation
- Being aware of service user requirements and responding to comments regarding the menu
- Preparing and serving food
- Minimising and correctly disposing waste
- Ensuring that any chemicals care correctly and safely stored
You should hold a current food hygiene certificate to at least ‘food hygiene awareness’ level within 12 weeks of taking up post
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a good communicator and able to liaise with people at all levels
- Be a team player, able to work on your own initiative and also under supervision
- Have good personal hygiene standards
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1,500.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager