Location: Cheshire Springs, Chester Road, Whitby, Ellesmere Port CH65 6RY
Hours: Full time
Hourly Rate: £8.91 per hour plus benefits*
Immediate interviews available
Our new complex needs care home, Cheshire Springs will open in Spring 2022 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex care needs. Once completed, Cheshire Springs will have 20 large bedrooms - each with an en-suite wet room. It will provide a community-based living for adults living with acquired brain injuries, spinal injuries, stroke and complex physical disabilities and mental health conditions. The home will be surrounded by an easy-access sensory garden and include a communal hub, living and dining spaces for residents and their friends and family to socialise. And the communal hub space can be accessed and rented by local community groups.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
Working alongside the Kitchen Manager, you will be part of a small team responsible for ensuring that our service users are provided with appetising and nutritional meets, to meet their dietary requirements.
Your role will include:
- Preparing and cooking food in a safe manner
- Ensuring that all food is stored at appropriate temperatures in line with legislation
- Being aware of service user requirements and responding to comments regarding the menu
- Preparing and serving food
- Minimising and correctly disposing of waste
- Ensuring that any chemicals care correctly and safely stored
You should hold a current food hygiene certificate to at least ‘food hygiene awareness’ level within 12 weeks of taking up the post
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a good communicator and able to liaise with people at all levels
- Be a team player, able to work on your own initiative and also under supervision
- Have good personal hygiene standards
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts, and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression opportunities
- Comprehensive induction
- Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care