Kavanagh Place, Liverpool: L4 1UB
Hours: Full Time 40 Hours
Hourly Rate: £8.91 per hour
Kavanagh Place has a reputation for providing high quality care for individuals living with varying complex health needs. A welcoming, modern and person-centred home, Kavanagh Place aims to make every day better for its service users.
The team within the 40-bed home, build care and activity plans around service users, centred around their needs. Working with families, professionals and service users themselves, achievable goals can be identified.
Working alongside the Kitchen Manager, you will be part of a small team responsible for ensuring that our service users are provided with appetising and nutritional meets, to meet their dietary requirements.
Your role will include:
- Preparing and cooking food in a safe manner
- Ensuring that all food is stored at appropriate temperatures in line with legislation
- Being aware of service user requirements and responding to comments regarding the menu
- Preparing and serving food
- Minimising and correctly disposing of waste
- Ensuring that any chemicals care correctly and safely stored
You should hold a current food hygiene certificate to at least ‘food hygiene awareness’ level within 12 weeks of taking up the post
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a good communicator and able to liaise with people at all levels
- Be a team player, able to work on your own initiative and also under supervision
- Have good personal hygiene standards
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts, and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2-day induction program.
- Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care