Yarningdale, Ripley: DE5 9SG
Shifts: Days available
Hourly Rate: £8.21 per hour
Yarningdale has two units called Wren and Robin, each with ten bedrooms, a lounge and a dining room. Every bedroom has a an accessible ensuite wet room, TV points in all rooms and all rooms can be decorated to suit personal tastes. There is a choice of comfortable lounges and quiet areas.
Working alongside the Kitchen Manager, you will be part of a small team responsible for ensuring that our service users are provided with appetising and nutritional meets, to meet their dietary requirements.
Your role will include:
- Preparing and cooking food in a safe manner
- Ensuring that all food is stored at appropriate temperatures in line with legislation
- Being aware of service user requirements and responding to comments regarding the menu
- Preparing and serving food
- Minimising and correctly disposing of waste
- Ensuring that any chemicals care correctly and safely stored
You should hold a current food hygiene certificate to at least ‘food hygiene awareness’ level within 12 weeks of taking up the post
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a good communicator and able to liaise with people at all levels
- Be a team player, able to work on your own initiative and also under supervision
- Have good personal hygiene standards
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts, and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 3-day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme – Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager