Position: Huntington’s Disease Nurse Consultant
Location: Across all Exemplar Health Care homes
Contract type: 40 hours per week, predominately Monday to Friday but must be flexible
Rate: £60,000 per annum, plus £3,000 car allowance
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a forward-thinking and growing provider, as our brand new Huntington’s Disease Nurse Consultant.
This role is aligned to the overall Clinical Team, which is led by our Clinical Director and whose aim is to support our services to provide the highest standard of care for those with Huntington’s Disease (HD) in our homes.
About Exemplar Health Care
Exemplar Health Care is a leading provider of nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity needs. We have over 40 complex needs care homes across England, and we're growing.
We provide person-centred care and rehabilitation which focuses on maximising independence and building everyday living skills. We aim to empower people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to develop and progress.
About the role
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Building external confidence in our capability to care for the people we support with HD and developing effective working.
- Establishing a more complete understanding of the needs of the service users in our homes who have a HD primary diagnosis i.e., what is their secondary diagnoses, their complex care and risk requirements.
- Tailoring staff training requirements to meet the needs of these individuals in a person-centred way, and supporting in the delivery of this training.
- Developing and embedding a HD Champion role in each service, where we care for people with a HD diagnosis and support them to link directly with their local HD networks.
- Working with the Operational team (Clinical Nurse Managers / Registered Nurses and HD Champions specifically) to offer support, coach and be action focused.
- Assisting with the development of quality policies and procedures, audit materials and Service User, Colleague and Relative information materials.
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our Exemplar Health Care values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
You must also have a first-level nursing registration with a valid Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) PIN.
As this is a high level, strategic role, you should have a minimum of two years’ experience working in the same specialist role.
You’re also someone with:
- Evidence of further professional development in relation to care, management or quality.
- A coaching qualification, able to coach and motivate others.
- A strong background in action planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A pragmatic approach, with strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to apply these in complex and challenging situations.
- The ability to work collaboratively with, and travel to all locations across the business.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- £3,000 car allowance
- 27 days annual leave + bank holidays
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- retail and lifestyle reward discounts
- free DBS check
- paid NMC membership
- paid access to the RCNi Learning platform
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, you can call our Nurse Talent Specialist Lisandra on 07951 794 598 or email email@example.com.