Bridgewood Mews, Tipton: DY4 0JW
Hourly Rate: £8.76 per hour
Health and Social workers are now classed as "key workers" so this role will allow your children a place in school or nursery to help with your childcare whilst at work.
About the Home
Bridgewood Mews provides specialist care for young adults with complex physical needs, Huntington’s disease and neurological disorders. The last big event at Bridgewood Mews was their prom night, but there’s always something going on to get involved with and the team ensures that the priority is always what is in the best interests of the service users.
Our domestic team is vital in ensuring that all areas of the home are presented in such a way that it is inviting and welcoming to everyone who lives, works and visits the home.
Your tasks will include:
- Supervising and leading the domestic team
- Motivating and organising domestic and laundry staff to acheive compliance with company standards, policies and procedures, and all relevant legislation and guidance including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc
- Assisting in the laundry where necessary
- Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints
- Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
- Control the purchase, consumption and handling of all chemicals and products to ensure financial
budgets are attained and all health and safety matters are fully complied with
- Minimise the risk of accidents and waste by effective training and supervision
- Complete all necessary documentation and administration to ensure the smooth running of the
- Check all relevant equipment and machinery to ensure it is in safe working order and train all
appropriate personnel in its correct use
- Supervise the laundry area ensuring an efficient and smooth running system is set in place for the
handling of service user's personal clothing and bed linen
- Attend heads of department meetings as required
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although the sector is not important.
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager