Fairburn Mews, Castleford: WF10 2PY
Hours: Part Time
Hourly Rate: £9.27 per hour
Exemplar Health Care made first place in the “Tomorrow’s Care” awards 2021 for our commitment to supporting colleagues , mental health and wellbeing so be assured you are joining a company that really does want to make every day better.
About the Home
Fairburn Mews is a purpose built service in Castleford will become home for up to 20 service users comprising of two specialist units. Lowrie unit is a specialist nursing unit for people who have a diagnosis of Huntington ’s disease and Hulme unit specialises in working with adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
Fairburn Mews has become the first nursing home in England to be Quality Assured by the Huntington's Disease Association.
Our domestic team is vital in ensuring that all areas of the home are presented in such a way that it is inviting and welcoming to everyone who lives, works and visits the home.
Your tasks will include:
- Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc
- Assisting in the laundry where necessary
- Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints
- Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
- Supervising, motivating and organising domestic and laundry staff to acheive compliance with company standards, policies and procedures, and all relevant legislation and guidance including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Control the purchase, consumption and handling of all chemicals and products to ensure financial
budgets are attained and all health and safety matters are fully complied with
- Minimise the risk of accidents and waste by effective training and supervision
- Complete all necessary documentation and administration to ensure the smooth running of the
- Check all relevant equipment and machinery to ensure it is in safe working order and train all
appropriate personnel in its correct use
- Supervise the laundry area ensuring an efficient and smooth running system is set in place for the
handling of service user's personal clothing and bed linen
- Attend heads of department meetings as required
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although the sector is not important.
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care