Health Care Assistant - Nights only
Location: Blackmoor, Birmingham, B33 0PE
Hours: Full time and part time hours available
Salary: Up to £9.26 per hour dependent of level of experience and qualifications, plus benefits*
Shifts: Nights Only
Please note: Blackmoor is due to commence it's induction process mid August and therefore the successful candidate will not start prior to this time.
Exemplar Health Care made first place in the “Tomorrow’s Care” awards 2021 for our commitment to supporting colleagues , mental health and wellbeing so be assured you are joining a company that really does want to make every day better.
Our new complex needs care home, Blackmoor, will open in mid-2021 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs.
Construction of the home started in March 2020, and is due to be completed in mid-2021, bringing around 150 jobs and support for the most vulnerable adults to the local area.
The home will have 30 large bedrooms - each with an ensuite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It will care for 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions.
We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of Health Care Assistants.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care.
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, and dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users.
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group.
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments.
- On occasion, welcome and train new members into your care team.
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care are desirable, but not essential as full training will be given.
Our Health Care Assistants will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-actively to meet the needs of our service users.
You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Exemplar MyFirst Rewards – Including: retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, Holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Free car parking
- Free uniform
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral*
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care