**Includes £300 Welcome Bonus**
Health Care Assistant
Marmaduke, Hull, HU3 3BH
Hours: full time and part time hours
Shifts: Nights only
Exemplar Health Care made first place in the “Tomorrow’s Care” awards 2021 for our commitment to supporting colleagues , mental health and wellbeing so be assured you are joining a company that really does want to make every day better.
Our brand new care home is arguably one of the most fabulous homes in the area and supports up to 18 adults with complex needs. There is excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make every day better.
This purpose built service in Kingston-Upon-Hull is home for up to 18 service users and has 2 suites of 9 bedrooms but does not have the traditional nursing home feel.
The unique layout at Marmaduke means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated behaviours of concern. This could include mental health conditions, dementia, neurological conditions and physical disabilities.
We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of Health Care Assistants.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care.
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, and dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users.
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group.
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments.
- On occasion, welcome and train new members into your care team.
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care are desirable, but not essential as full training will be given.
Our Health Care Assistants will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-actively to meet the needs of our service users.
You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Exemplar MyFirst Rewards – Including: retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, Holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Free car parking
- Free uniform
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral*
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*Ts & Cs apply
To apply for this role you must have had a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations (unless medically exempt)
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care