**Includes £300 Welcome Bonus**
Health Care Assistant
Care Home: Willowbeck – New Unit, Derwent Location: 95 Holywell Rd, Sheffield S4 8AR
Hours: Full time and part time hours available
Salary: From £9.66 per hour dependent of level of experience and qualifications, plus benefits*
Shifts: Flexibility for days and nights is required
This role is being advertised for a new unit within an already established care home which means you have the fantastic opportunity to help create the most outstanding team environment.
Willowbeck is a specialist care home in Sheffield for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
This is an opportunity for you to join a brand new unit from the beginning! The Unit will have 8 bedrooms and will home 8 adults living with neurological conditions including brain injury and stroke, complex mental health needs and physical disabilities.
Our person-centred care focuses on maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
We support people on their rehabilitation journey from hospital or living in a secure setting, as well as caring for those with long term or degenerative illnesses.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better!
We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of Health Care Assistants.
- Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care.
- Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, and dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times.
- Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users.
- Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group.
- Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments.
- On occasion, welcome and train new members into your care team.
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care are desirable, but not essential as full training will be given.
Our Health Care Assistants will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-actively to meet the needs of our service users.
You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Exemplar MyFirst Rewards – Including: retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, Holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Free car parking
- Free uniform
- Outstanding career progression
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral*
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
To apply for this role you must have had a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations (unless medically exempt)
*Ts & Cs apply
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care