**Includes £300 Welcome Bonus**
Health Care Assistant
Wykewood, Wyke, BD12 8AA
Hours: full time and part time hours available
Hourly Rate: £8.91 to £9.26 per hour (depending on experience)
Shifts: Days, Nights, or Mixed
Our new complex needs care home, Wykewood, opened in June 2021 and provides specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs.
The home has 40 large bedrooms - each with an en suite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It'll care for 40 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions.
The unique layout at Wykewood means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours. This could include acquired brain injuries, Huntingdon’s chorea or spinal injuries.
We are looking for thoughtful, caring and inspiring people to join our team of Health Care Assistants.
• Provide a high level of personal, physical and emotional care.
• Provide personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, and dressing and on occasion, assisting with meal times.
• Promote independence, dignity, respect and choice across service users.
• Support social and recreational activities; both in and out the home individually, or as part of a group.
• Maintain care records; recording observations, activities and assessments.
• On occasion, welcome and train new members into your care team.
Previous care experience within a reputable health care provider and NVQ qualifications in Health and Social Care are desirable, but not essential as full training will be given.
- Our Health Care Assistants will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users. You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last by working pro-actively to meet the needs of our service users.
- You will promote the core values of care, maintaining independence and dignity while assisting with personal care, ensuring the physical and emotional needs of our service users are met.
• 5.6 weeks holiday
• Exemplar MyFirst Rewards – Including: retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, Holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
• Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline
• Pension plan
• Free car parking
• Free uniform
• Outstanding career progression
• Comprehensive induction programme
• Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
• Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per referral*
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*Ts & Cs apply
To apply for this role you must have had a full course of COVID-19 vaccinations (unless medically exempt)
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care