Care Home: Wykewood
Location: Huddersfield Road, Wyke, BD12 8AA
Hours: Full time
Hourly rate: £9.27 (40 hours per week)
Do you want to be part of brand new service from the beginning, creating something special in Bradford?
Our new complex needs care home, Wykewood, will open in June 2021 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs. The successful candidate will start April or May 2021.
Construction of the home started in March 2020, bringing a £5million investment into the local area.
The home will have 40 large bedrooms - each with an en suite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It'll care for 40 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions. You will be supervising the domestic team so supervisery experience would be an advantage.
Your tasks will include:
• Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.
• Assisting in the laundry where necessary
• Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
• Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints
• Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
• Supervising, motivating and organising domestic and laundry staff to achieve compliance with company standards, policies and procedures, and all relevant legislation and guidance including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Control the purchase, consumption and handling of all chemicals and products to ensure financial budgets are attained and all health and safety matters are fully complied with
• Minimise the risk of accidents and waste by effective training and supervision
• Complete all necessary documentation and administration to ensure the smooth running of the department
• Check all relevant equipment and machinery to ensure it is in safe working order and train all appropriate personnel in its correct use
• Supervise the laundry area ensuring an efficient and smooth running system is set in place for the handling of service user's personal clothing and bed linen
• Attend heads of department meetings as required
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although the sector is not important but you will understand COSHH
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
• 5.6 weeks holiday
• Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
• Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
• Pension plan.
• Free car parking.
• Free uniform.
• Outstanding career progression.
• Comprehensive induction
• Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
• Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500 (depending on role)
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health.
Exemplars Core Values:
If you would like an informal chat regarding this role please ring Maria on 07494894587
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care