Head of Care
St Andrew’s Court
At St Andrew’s Court, we build our care and activity plans around the person, not the condition. We support and encourage people to be happy, fulfilled and involved in their care. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for, so we identify achievable goals and outcomes with our residents, their families and relevant professionals.
Are you an experienced clinician who is highly motivated to lead a team that delivers the best possible care to service users with complex needs. Could you lead a service that makes every day better for service users and staff?
Do you want to join a supportive and forward thinking organisation who values its employees and is committed to providing the best possible care for its service users? St Andrew’s Court is a 20-bed nurse led service in Hull and opened in October 2019. We are looking for someone with drive and passion who wants to be part of a great Team shaping the service from the beginning. Your strengths will lie in communication and leadership with demonstrative experience in change management.
Why not join the Exemplar family?
About the role:
At St Andrew’s Court, we build our care and activity plans around individuals, supporting, nurturing and encouraging them to live happy, fulfilled lives. We embrace a person centred care philosophy so we can meet individualised care needs. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for. We work closely with individuals, families and other health care professionals.
Working closely with the Commissioning Home Director and clinical nurse manager, you will lead by example, acting as a role model for the staff group and an ambassador for the organisation by providing effective implementation of the Exemplar Health Care service philosophy and business strategy within the home. There is an expectation of participation in the local 24/7 on-call system which includes providing on-site attendance and cover where required in the absence of a qualified nurse to ensure business continuity.
You will be ambitious and looking for the opportunity in the future to be the Registered Manager.
- Support the Commissioning Director with all Care Quality Commission, Regulatory, Statutory and quality monitoring requirements
- Provide clinical oversight and hold clinical accountability for delivery of safe and effective care.
- Support with the safe recruitment process of new staff.
- Ensure that a detailed action plan is maintained which is used to drive service development.
- Ensure that service user safety is paramount and maintained through robust clinical governance structures.
- To ensure that the service has a positive leadership culture with regards to service delivery, safeguarding and whistle blowing.
- Submit statistical data and reports on time.
- Support the Commissioning Home Director with operational accountability for the occupancy and financial performance in line with agreed budgets.
- Have a clear understanding of occupancy and revenue against set targets.
- Ensure that the home complies with standards of the Health & Social Care Act (2012).
- To encourage and support good communications with all MDT members, primary and secondary support service, CHC, CCG’s, NHS Trusts and Local Authority commissioners.
- Ensure that clinical practice is developed and delivered by staff based on evidence-based research and recognised clinical philosophy, models and frameworks.
- Oversee with line managers that systems are in place for professional registration, revalidation, appraisal, continuous professional development, supervision and performance management of clinical teams.
- You will be a registered nurse with a valid NMC pin
- will have previous experience managing a successful care home.
- A previous CQC rating of ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ would be also advantageous.
- The ideal manager will have previous experience managing multi-disciplined teams and will have previous experience of managing and analysing P&L reports.
Our Head of Care leads by example providing great quality care to each individual service user. You will be a compassionate leader with a can-do attitude, valuing the importance of always striving to provide our service users with individualistic and effective care. You will have a hands-on approach to leadership, supported by an experienced Operations and Quality team, enabling you to drive standards to support the future 'Outstanding' CQC rating that our service users deserve. You will also be financially minded able to support with the homes P&L report, continuous reviewing cost saving whilst providing and ensuring excellent quality care to our service users.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Exemplar rewards – Including retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline.
- Excellent pension plan.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4-day induction program.
- Excellent bonus scheme.
- Life assurance program.
- BUPA health care cover.
- Support from the Operations and Quality teams.
If this sounds interesting we would be more than happy to meet for an informal chat and a tour around St Andrew’s Court, or for more information contact the recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01977 630 830.
Competitive Salary + fantastic progression & training.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager