Position: Domestic Assistant
Care home: Hillside Court
Location: St Anthony’s Road, Leeds, LS11 8FG
Contract type: 20 hours per week
Rate: Up to £10.42 per hour
Do you take pride in your cleaning standards and attention to detail? As a Domestic Assistant, you’ll ensure that our home is clean and welcoming for the people who live and work here.
As part of our Domestic Team, you’ll carry out all daily and weekly cleaning routines, including dusting, mopping, polishing and vacuuming.
You’ll clean all areas in the home including people’s bedrooms, lounges, kitchens, bathrooms, kitchens and offices.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team, in a state of the art, purpose built home. You’ll have the chance to really make your mark.
About Exemplar Health Care
Hillside Court is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Hillside Court will specialise in supporting adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Domestic Assistants ensure that our home maintains high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- carrying out all daily and weekly cleaning routines, as well as ad-hoc duties
- cleaning and tidying designated areas around the home including bedrooms, lounges, kitchens, bathrooms, kitchens and offices
- cleaning duties including dusting, mopping, polishing and vacuuming
- using equipment such as carpet cleaning machines
- supporting with washing and drying laundry, as required
- reporting breakages, damage, defects and hazards
- building trust and promoting choice, dignity and independence.
You’ll put our people at the heart of everything you do – whether that’s hoovering our residents’ bedrooms or polishing their photo frames. We can guarantee that whatever you bring to the role, you’ll see great rewards.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy, and ongoing training programmes.
Download our job description to read more:
We value relevant experience but it isn’t essential for this role.
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- kind, caring and understanding
- someone with a keen eye for detail
- an excellent team player
- passionate about high standards of cleanliness, with great housekeeping skills
- a positive person with a can-do attitude
- a great listener and communicator.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- regular supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fastP.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email email@example.com.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.