Location: Cheshire Springs, Chester Road, Whitby, Ellesmere Port CH65 6RY
Hours: Full time
Salary: £8.90 per hour plus benefits*
Immediate interviews available
Our new complex needs care home, Cheshire Springs will open in Spring 2022 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex care needs. Once completed, Cheshire Springs will have 20 large bedrooms - each with an en-suite wet room. It will provide a community-based living for adults living with acquired brain injuries, spinal injuries, stroke and complex physical disabilities and mental health conditions. The home will be surrounded by an easy-access sensory garden and include a communal hub, living and dining spaces for residents and their friends and family to socialise. And the communal hub space can be accessed and rented by local community groups.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
Our domestic team is vital in ensuring that all areas of the home are presented in such a way that it is inviting and welcoming to everyone who lives, works and visits the home.
Your tasks will include:
- Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc
- Assisting in the laundry where necessary
- Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints
- Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although sector experience is desirable not essential.
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care