St. Andrews Court, Hull, HU3
£8.91 per hour
24 hours per week
St.Andrews Court is a nurse-led specialist care home, it is an 18 bed service for adults with complex needs, with expertise across a range of neuro-disabilities, mental ill-health, brain injury, stroke and complex needs. At St. Andrews Court the focus is on what matters to people. Our approach is about making sure people are at the centre of their care whilst involving other people who make a difference in the person’s life – family, friends and the community.
As one of the members of the House Keeping team you will be responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene throughout the building, ensuring that the home provides an inviting and warm environment for all visitors, residents and staff.
Your key tasks will include:
- Promoting the good reputation of the home by providing an efficient laundry service
- Ensuring service users' clothing and bed linen are laundered and finished to an agreed standard
- Ensuring an adequate supply of clean linen and ensure they are in a good state of repair at all times
- Cleaning Service Users rooms and all public areas to the highest standards
- Using appropriate PPE in accordance with Health & Safety
- Ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Ensuring the laundry operates effectively
- Controlling the purchase, use and handling of all chemicals and products to ensure financial budgets are achieved
- Ensuring chemicals and equipment are secured safety and correctly in line with Health & Safety and CoSHH Regulations.
Experience of working in a nursing/care home is not essential, but would be beneficial, as would a working knowledge of COSHH and Health & Safety regulations.
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
- 5.6 weeks holiday (pro rata)
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme
Exemplar Health Care values:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care