Location: Blackmoor, Birmingham, B33 0PE
Hours: Full time
Salary: £8.91 per hour plus benefits*
Our new complex needs care home, Blackmoor, will open in mid-2021 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs.
Construction of the home started in March 2020, and is due to be completed in mid-2021, bringing around 150 jobs and support for the most vulnerable adults to the local area.
The home will have 30 large bedrooms - each with an ensuite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It will care for 30 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions.
Our domestic team is vital in ensuring that all areas of the home are presented in such a way that it is inviting and welcoming to everyone who lives, works and visits the home.
Your tasks will include:
- Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc
- Assisting in the laundry where necessary
- Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints
- Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although sector experience is desirable not essential.
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
- 5.6 weeks holiday
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care