Marmaduke, Hull, HU3
Hours: Part Time
Salary: £8.91 per hour
Do you want to be part of brand new service from the beginning, creating something special in Hull?
This role is being advertised for a new specialist centre which means you have the fantastic opportunity to help create the most outstanding home and team environment.
Our brand new care home, Marmaduke is open to service users from May, and is set to be an amazing care home with a difference! It will arguably be the most fabulous home in the area for 18 adults with complex needs and we are now recruiting!
The unique layout at Marmaduke means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
Our domestic team is vital in ensuring that all areas of the home are presented in such a way that it is inviting and welcoming to everyone who lives, works and visits the home.
Your tasks will include:
- Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc
- Assisting in the laundry where necessary
- Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints
- Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although sector experience is desirable not essential.
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
- 5.6 weeks holiday. (Pro-rata)
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care