Neville Court, Barnsley: S70 3HF
Hours: 16 hours per week
Hourly Rate: £8.72 per hour
About the Home
Neville Court is based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire and is a 20 bed home for adults with mental health problems or complex behavioural issues.
The domestic team at Neville Court are led by an outstanding housekeeper who is proud of the cleanliness of the home and the diligence of her team. The domestic team are an integral part of the wider staff of Neville Court and their contribution to the upkeep of the service is imperative to the well-being of the residents who live here. The residents here are varied both in age and diagnosis and require consistency from all those who support them. As part of the domestic team you would be helping to support the service users in a person centered way.
Our domestic team is vital in ensuring that all areas of the home are presented in such a way that it is inviting and welcoming to everyone who lives, works and visits the home.
Your tasks will include:
- Cleaning all areas of the home, including service user rooms, public and common areas such as lounges, offices, dining rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, etc
- Assisting in the laundry where necessary
- Reporting any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints
- Ensuring that any cleaning chemicals and equipment are stored safely
Ideally, you will have previous experience of working in a similar role – although the sector is not important.
You should have an eye for detail and be able to spot areas for improvement. We’ll provide you with all the necessary equipment for you to be able to do your job, including gloves and aprons to help you to actively participate in the prevention and control of infection.
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager