Home: Scotia Heights
Location: Stoke-on-Trent: ST6 4HA
Salary: £50,000 per annum
Located in Stoke-on-Trent, Scotia Heights is a nursing care home for adults with complex needs. Service users at Scotia Heights live in six 10-bed units
Are you an experienced care manager who is highly motivated to lead a team that delivers the best possible care to service users with complex needs. Could you lead a service that makes every day better for service users and staff?
Do you want to join a supportive and forward thinking organisation who values its employees and is committed to providing the best possible care for its service users?
Why not join the Exemplar family?
About the role:
Working closely with the General Manager, you will lead by example, acting as a role model for the staff group and an ambassador for the organisation by providing effective implementation of the Exemplar Health Care service philosophy and business strategy within the home. There is an expectation of participation in the local 24/7 on-call system which includes providing of on-site attendance and cover where required in the absence of a qualified nurse to ensure business continuity.
- Deputising in the absence of the General Manger
- Accountable for all Care Quality Commission, Regulatory, Statutory and quality monitoring requirements and to register with the CQC as the homes registered manager.
- Provide clinical oversight and hold clinical accountability for delivery of safe and effective care.
- Support with the safe recruitment process of new staff.
- Ensure that a detailed action plan is maintained which is used to drive service development.
- Ensure that service user safety is paramount and maintained through robust clinical governance structures.
- To ensure that the service has a positive leadership culture with regards to service delivery, safeguarding and whistle blowing.
- Submit statistical data and reports on time.
- Support the General Manager with operational accountability for the occupancy and financial performance in line with agreed budgets.
- Have a clear understanding of occupancy and revenue against set targets.
- Ensure that the home complies with standards of the Health & Social Care Act (2012).
- To encourage and support good communications with all MDT members, primary and secondary support service, CHC, CCG’s, NHS Trusts and Local Authority commissioners.
- Ensure that clinical practice is developed and delivered by staff based on evidence-based research and recognised clinical philosophy, models and frameworks.
- Oversee with line managers that systems are in place for professional registration, revalidation, appraisal, continuous professional development, supervision and performance management of clinical teams.
You will be a registered nurse with a valid MNC pin and will have previous experience managing a successful care home. A previous CQC rating of ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ would be also advantageous. The ideal manager will have previous experience managing multi-disciplined teams and will have a previous experience of managing and analysing P&L reports.
Our deputy managers lead by example providing great quality care to each individual service user. You will be a compassionate leader with a can do attitude, valuing the importance of always striving to provide our service users with individualistic and effective care. You will have a hands-on approach to leadership, supported by an experienced Operations and Quality team, enabling you to drive standards to support the future 'Outstanding' CQC rating that our service users deserve. You will also be financially minded being fully accountable for the homes P&L report, continuous reviewing cost saving whilst providing and ensuring excellent quality care to our service users.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Exemplar rewards – childcare vouchers, retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Excellent pension plan.
- Outstanding career progression.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Excellent bonus scheme.
- Life assurance program.
- BUPA health care cover.
- Support from Operations and Quality team.
If this sounds interesting, we would be more than happy to meet for an informal chat and a tour around Scotia Heights.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager