Position: Deputy Home Manager
Care home: Scotia Heights
Location: Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 4HA
Contract type: Full Time, 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Care home CQC rating: Rated ‘Good’ by CQC
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a forward-thinking and growing provider. Join us as our new Deputy Home Manager at Scotia Heights care home in Stoke On Trent.
This role offers you the opportunity to really make a difference to people’s lives.
We have innovative digital systems to support you in all aspects of running your home, so you can spend less time doing paperwork and more time with your team and the people you support
For Managers wishing to develop and grow, our training is second to none. We have a range of in-house leadership and management development programmes to support your career development.
About Exemplar Health Care
Scotia Heights is part of Exemplar Health Care, a leading provider of nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
Scotia Heights is rated 'Good; by the CQC.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
As the Deputy Manager you will be responsible for supporting the Manager with the operational excellent of care in the home and leading the clinical team to ensure the provision of a high quality service and managing the service if the manager is off. Scotia Heights has 60 large bedrooms, each with an en-suite, across six units. We support adults living with complex mental health needs, dementia, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities.
You will support the manager and the clinical team to be the provide of choice with customers and be highly rated with the Care Quality Commission. The largest part of your role is to provide clinical oversight in the home and hold clinical accountability for the delivery of safe and effective care. You will be involved in safe recruitment, EQA systems, action planning, clinical governance, safeguarding, support with assessing new referrals and working effectively with the MDT members, CHC, CCG's, NHS trusts and local authority commissioners.
You will work 40 hours a week and the hours will predominately be worked Monday to Friday but there is an expectation that on occasion you will work weekend shifts to have oversight of the weekend team for the home and to do quality checks. On-call is also shared between the management team at Scotia Heights, which you would be part of.
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our Exemplar Health Care values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
You must also have a first-level nursing registration with a valid Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) PIN.
As this is a leadership role, you should have a minimum of three years management experience, ideally in a complex care setting. The role is also ideal for an experienced Deputy Manager looking for the next step in their career.
- At least 2 years experience working as a nurse.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Can do and driven attitude; you are a leader who likes to lead by example with high-quality care at your core value
You’re also someone with:
- At least 2 years experience working as a nurse
- a thorough understanding of nursing care best practice, sector specific and employer legislation and governance frameworks
- great communication skills, able to build relationships with local commissioners and professionals
- the ability to inspire, lead and manage a team
- excellent time management skills, able to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- an excellent range of clinical, business, digital and operational skills.
- can do and driven attitude; you are a leader who likes to lead by example with high-quality care at your core value.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- retail and lifestyle reward discounts
- excellent bonus scheme upon meeting KPIs
- excellent pension plan
- Bupa health care cover
- electric car salary sacrifice scheme
- paid NMC membership
- paid access to the RCNi Learning platform
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07949530204
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship. Candidates without an existing visa or right to work in the UK are unlikely to be suitable for the post.