Cook - Bank (covering Nottinghamshire)
Eastlands/ Meadowcroft/ Pathways - NG17 4BR
Hourly Rate: £9.21 per hour
Exemplar Health Care are looking to recruit a Bank Cook to be able to cover the Nottingham area.
The homes covered in this area are:
Eastlands – NG17 4BR
Meadowcroft – NG17 4BR
Pathways – NG17 4BR
As a cook, your main duties would be:
- Preparing, cooking and serving food.
- Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising.
- Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation.
- Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner.
- Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary.
- A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Interacting with our service users on a daily basis.
- Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints.
- You will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 3 (intermediate) or be working towards it.
- Have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
- Experience in planning meals to meet the nutritional values of Service Users.
- The Ideal candidate will have gained experience from working in a Care Home, Hospital or School as a cook.
Working for Exemplar, you can expect:
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 3-day induction program.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per refferal
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If this sounds like your ideal job, what are you waiting for - click the apply now link to complete your application form online.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager