Cook - Bank
£9.21 per hour
Greenside Court is a 20 bedded home which provides care for young adults with complex physical needs including tracheostomy and ventilator care, Huntington’s disease, and neurological disorders. Recent feedback from relatives included comments such as "highly satisfied with everything at the home, everyone is very friendly" and "the staff are very caring and always make me feel welcome and comfortable".
As a cook, your main duties would be:
- Preparing, cooking and serving food.
- Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising.
- Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation.
- Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner.
- Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary.
- A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Interacting with our service users on a daily basis.
- Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints.
- You will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 3 (intermediate) or be working towards it.
- Have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
- Experience in planning meals to meet the nutritional values of Service Users.
- The Ideal candidate will have gained experience from working in a Care Home, Hospital or School as a cook.
Working for Exemplar, you can expect:
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 4-day induction program.
- Refer a friend scheme - up to £1500 per refferal
If this sounds like your ideal job, what are you waiting for - click the apply now link to complete your application form online.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager