Care home: Fernwood
Location: 239 Knowsley Lane, Knowsley, L36 8EL
Contract type: 40 hours per week
Rate: Up to [£10.77 per hour
Are you an experienced Cook looking for a new challenge? Join us as our new Cook at Fernwood care home in Knowsley.
In this role, you’ll cook delicious, healthy and nutritious meals for the people we support.
You’ll ensure that everyone has a positive dining experience, to increase nutritional intake, promote social interaction and build a sense of community.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team, in a state of the art, purpose built home. You’ll have the chance to really make your mark.
About Exemplar Health Care
Fernwood is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Fernwood will support adults living with acquired brain injuries, complex mental health needs, dementia and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Cooks make delicious and nourishing meals for people with a range of dietary requirements.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- preparing, cooking and serving food
- understanding people’s needs, likes and choices to develop suitable menus
- interacting with the people we support to get feedback on meals
- complying with food hygiene standards
- completing relevant checks and maintaining records
- being a great team player, working as part of the wider Catering Team.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy, and ongoing training programmes.
Download our job description to read more:
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- a cook with a flair for creating delicious and nutritious meals for varied dietary requirements
- creative in menu development and food preparation
- an excellent team player
- adaptable and flexible
- someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We like our Cooks to have a food hygiene certificate and a relevant catering qualification, but these aren’t necessary.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fastP.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle reward discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.