Care home: Lakeview
Location: Leigh, Wigan, WN7 5ET
Contract type: Permanent 40 Hours
Rate: £10.77 per hour
Care home CQC rating: Good
We are holding a Recruitment Open day on Thursday 30th November at our Lakeview Care Home, 121 Ena Cres, Leigh WN7 5ET ; You can pop in throughout the day during the following times: 10am -12pm, 2pm - 4pm.
Come along to our recruitment open day to take a tour of the home, meet our service users and chat to the team.
Apply and interview available on the day. Please bring photo ID and proof of address with you. We cannot offer sponsorship at this event and the minimum hours contract is 24 hours.
Are you an experienced Cook looking for a new challenge? Join us as our new Cook at Lakeview care home in Wigan.
In this role, you’ll cook delicious, healthy and nutritious meals for the people we support in our care home.
Meal times are an important part of our daily routine, even moreseo for those living in care homes.
In this role, you’ll ensure that everyone has a positive dining experience, to increase nutritional intake, promote social interaction and build a sense of community.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your cooking skills to make a real difference every day.
About Exemplar Health Care
Lakeview is part of Exemplar Health Care, a leading provider of specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs.
We support adults living with complex mental health needs, dementia, neuro-disabilities including Huntington’s disease, and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Cooks make delicious and nourishing meals for people with a range of dietary requirements.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- preparing, cooking and serving food
- understanding people’s needs, likes and choices to develop suitable menus
- interacting with the people we support to get feedback on meals
- complying with food hygiene standards
- completing relevant checks and maintaining records
- being a great team player, working as part of the wider Catering Team.
You’ll put people at the heart of everything you do. We can guarantee that whatever you bring to the role, you’ll see great rewards.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy, and ongoing training programmes.
Download our job description to read more:
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- a cook with a flair for creating delicious and nutritious meals for varied dietary requirements
- creative in menu development and food preparation
- an excellent team player
- adaptable and flexible
- someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We like our Cooks to have a food hygiene certificate and a relevant catering qualification, but these aren’t necessary.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fastP.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle reward discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email email@example.com
Please note, applicants must be authorized to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.