Care Home: Ravensdale
Location: Whinmoor, Leeds (LS14 2DA)
Contract type: Full time (40 hours)
Rate: £10.77 per hour
CQC Rating: Good (02-Aug-18)
About Exemplar Health Care:
We have over 20 years of experience providing exceptional specialist nursing care for adults living with complex and high acuity needs. We started our journey as a training company, and have grown into one of the country’s leading providers of adult specialist care, with over 40 complex needs care homes in England.
Our vision is that adults living with complex needs can access outstanding specialist care and support, in a community-based home that’s close to their family and friends, and that focuses on their personal goals and outcomes. Our person-centred care is the bedrock for maximising independence, building everyday living skills and empowering people to live as fulfilled lives as possible.
Our mission is to make every day better for the people we support and our colleagues. We’re proud of the culture that we’ve created at Exemplar Health Care, which is underpinned by our vision, mission and values.
Ravensdale supports 22 adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and dementia.
The home has two ten-bed units, which gives it a homely and welcoming feel, and an OneCare service which provides nursing care in a domestic environment, for those whose needs require they live alone.
Ravensdale is rated ‘Good’ with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 on carehome.co.uk.
Ravensdale's latest CQC report can be found here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-144243799
To take a virtual tour of Ravensdale click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF1uyncyDxo
As a cook, we would expect that you will be:
- Preparing, cooking and serving food
- Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising
- Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation
- Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner
- Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary
- A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative
- Interacting with our service users on a daily basis
- Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints
We'd also expect that you will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 3 (intermediate) or be working towards it and have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
About Your Benefits*:
- Paid DBS check
- Lifestyle and retail discounts at over 250 high street retailers via our ELMS portal
- Award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service
- Exceptional development opportunities including CPD Certificated programmes
- FastPAYE – access your wage for additional hours worked before payday
- Blue Light Card access
- Company Shop membership
- Free uniform
About Our Values:
Our values underpin everything that we do and ensure that we continue to make every day better for our service users and colleagues. We look for these values in everyone who works with Exemplar Health Care:
Read more about our values here - https://www.exemplarhc.com/careers/our-values
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve. We provide a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
How to Apply:
If this role sounds like a good match for you, please apply on our Exemplar HC website. If you have any specific questions please call us for an informal chat on 01977 630830. Please note we only accept applications from U.K based applicants.