Scotia Heights, Stoke-on-Trent
Scotia Heights, Stoke-on-Trent: ST6 4HA
Hours: Full Time - 40 Hours per week
Hourly Rate: £10.45 Per Hour
About Scotia Height's:
Scotia Heights is a 60 bedded younger persons specialist home. we require forward thinking staff who strive to promote the service users wellbeing and independence at all times, allowing all our service users achieve the best they can for themselves and with your assistance.
Working alongside the Kitchen Manager, you will be part of a small team responsible for ensuring that our service users are provided with appetising and nutritional meets, to meet their dietary requirements.
As a cook, we would expect that you will be:
- Preparing, cooking and serving food
- Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising
- Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation
- Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner
- Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary
- A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative
- Interacting with our service users on a daily basis
- Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints
We'd also expect that you will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 3 (intermediate) or be working towards it and have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
Working for Exemplar, you can expect:
- Career progression
- A challenging and rewarding working environment
- Exemplar rewards - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
- Job satisfaction
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If this sounds like your ideal job, what are you waiting for - click the apply now link to complete your application form online
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care
Rewarding your dedication
Whether it’s RCNi membership or NMC PIN payment for Nurses, or lifestyle and retail discounts for everyone, we’re always thinking about new ways of saying ‘thank you’ for being part of our team.
Lifestyle and retail discounts - all colleagues can access great savings and monthly discounts on high street shops, restaurants, pubs and holidays, as well as 2-for-1 cinema tickets.
Employee Assistance Programme - all colleagues can access 24/7 counselling and support through our wellbeing partner, Care First.
Pension plan - after 3 months, you’ll be auto-enrolled into our pension scheme with NOW pensions, where you’ll have up to 5% of your earnings (depending on your salary) put into the pension and we’ll contribute an additional 3%.
Paid DBS check - we’ll pay for all new starters to have a DBS check, so you don’t need to cover the cost.
Referral bonus - if you recommend a friend for a care role with us, you’ll both receive £150, and you can refer as many people as you like.
Career development opportunities - there are lots of opportunities to develop your skills and progress in your career at Exemplar Health Care, if you wish. Find out more.