Meadowcroft: Kingfisher Way, Sutton In Ashfield, NG174BR
Hours: 35 hours
Hourly Rate: £9.49 per hour
Meadowcroft is a home which cares for individuals with complex mental health needs. It prides itself on the level of care offered and as one relative recently told us "all the staff pay attention to looking after my sister which leaves me able to get on with my life and not have to worry as I know she is very well cared for"
As a cook, your main duties would be:
- Preparing, cooking and serving food.
- Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising.
- Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation.
- Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner.
- Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary.
- A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Interacting with our service users on a daily basis.
- Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints.
- You will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 3 (intermediate) or be working towards it.
- Have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
- Experience in planning meals to meet the nutritional values of Service Users.
- The Ideal candidate will have gained experience from working in a Care Home, Hospital or School as a cook.
Working for Exemplar, you can expect:
- Career progression
- A challenging and rewarding working environment
- Exemplar rewards - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
- Job satisfaction
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 5 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
If this sounds like your ideal job, what are you waiting for - click the apply now link to complete your application form online.
At Exemplar Health Care you will work in an inclusive environment in which we champion diversity. We understand the importance of our workforce representing the communities and populations we serve, providing a work place where you are encouraged to be yourself whilst offering our colleagues and our service users support, care and a place of belonging.
Our Equality , Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging vision statement is to ‘make every day better by creating a fair and inclusive culture where we live our values and celebrate our differences, to provide the best care for our community’.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care