Ribble View, Preston: PR1 4UD
Hours: Full Time
Hourly Rate: £10per hour + Enhanced £1000 welcome bonus *
Looking for a better quality of life? Tired of working in the evenings? As a Chef at Ribble View you will be working 40 hours over 7 days 8am - 6pm.
About the Home
Ribble is a nursing home with a difference! This purpose built service in Preston will become home for up to 30 service users it has 3 suites of 10 bedrooms but will not have the traditional nursing home feel. The unique layout at Ribble View means that we can care for adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
As a cook, we would expect that you will be:
- Preparing, cooking and serving food
- Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising
- Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation
- Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner
- Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary
- A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative
- Interacting with our service users on a daily basis
- Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints
We'd also expect that you will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 3 (intermediate) or be working towards it and have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
Working for Exemplar, you can expect:
- Career progression
- A challenging and rewarding working environment
- Exemplar rewards - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
- Job satisfaction
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 2 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
If this sounds like your ideal job, what are you waiting for - click the apply now link to complete your application form online
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care