Care Home: Wykewood
Location: Huddersfield Road, Wyke, BD12 8AA
Hours: Full time – 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: £9.18 per hour
Our new complex needs care home, Wykewood, will open in June 2021 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs. If successful there is an opportunity to start earlier and work alongside the Catering Manager.
Construction of the home started in March 2020, and is due to be completed in June 2021, bringing a £5million investment into the local area.
The home will have 40 large bedrooms - each with an en suite wet room - spread over three floors and surrounded by large landscaped gardens around the home. It'll care for 40 adults living with a range of complex needs including mental and physical health conditions.
As a cook, we would expect that you will be:
• Preparing, cooking and serving food and working within IDDSI framework,
• Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising
• Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation
• Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner
• Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary
• A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative
• Interacting with our service users on a daily basis
• Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints
We'd also expect that you will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 2 (intermediate) or be working towards it and have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
Working for Exemplar, you can expect:
• Career progression
• A challenging and rewarding working environment
• Exemplar rewards - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
• Job satisfaction
• 5.6 weeks holiday.
• Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
• Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
• Pension plan.
• Free car parking.
• Free uniform.
• Comprehensive paid induction program.
• Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
• Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
Additional info/about Exemplar:
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
*Ts & Cs apply
If you would like an informal chat before applying, please call Maria on 07494894587
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care