£8.72 per hour
Willowbeck is a nurse-led home for adults with complex needs.
At Willowbeck, we build our care and activity plans around the person, not the condition. We support and encourage people to be happy, fulfilled and involved in their care. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for those we care for, so we identify achievable goals and outcomes with our residents, their families and relevant professionals.
As a cook, your main duties would be:
- Preparing, cooking and serving food.
- Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising.
- Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation.
- Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner.
- Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary.
- A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Interacting with our service users on a daily basis.
- Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints.
- You will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 3 (intermediate) or be working towards it.
- Have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
- Experience in planning meals to meet the nutritional values of Service Users.
- The Ideal candidate will have gained experience from working in a Care Home, Hospital or School as a cook.
Working for Exemplar, you can expect:
- Career progression
- A challenging and rewarding working environment
- Exemplar rewards - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
- Job satisfaction
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
If this sounds like your ideal job, what are you waiting for - click the apply now link to complete your application form online.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager