Up to £8.49 per hour
As with all Exemplar's homes, Otterburn has a firm open door policy. We encourage friends and family to visit at any time and play an active role in the service users life - we want to make sure our service users have the best possible quality of life.
Service user forums are held every eight weeks, allowing everyone to share their views on activities and put forward any ideas for the future. Social activities are part of a healthy and balanced life, our services users participate in many group and individual activities dependent on their personal interests.
As a cook, we would expect that you will be:
- Preparing, cooking and serving food
- Ensuring that food is presented well and looks appetising
- Ensuring that food is stored according to food hygiene legislation
- Minimising waste levels and disposing of food in an appropriate manner
- Carrying out food and fridge temperature checks, and recording as necessary
- A team player, able to work as part of a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own initiative
- Interacting with our service users on a daily basis
- Obtaining feedback on food, reporting any compliments, comments or complaints
We'd also expect that you will hold a food hygiene certificate to at least level 3 (intermediate) or be working towards it and have a good understanding of your role in the prevention and control of infection, and promoting good health and safety practices.
Working for Exemplar, you can expect:
- Career progression
- A challenging and rewarding working environment
- Exemplar rewards - online shopping, discounts and vouchers
- Job satisfaction
- 5.6 weeks holiday.
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
- Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
- Pension plan.
- Free car parking.
- Free uniform.
- Comprehensive 7 day induction program.
- Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
- Refer a friend scheme - Up to £1,500
If this sounds like your ideal job, what are you waiting for - click the apply now link to complete your application form online
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager