Commissioning Unit Manager - Senior Nurse
Copperfields, Leeds: LS9 0BA
Hours: 36, 42, 48
Shifts: 12-hour shifts, with the flexibility needed for days and nights
Hourly Rate: £17.15 per hour
Rotational days and nights
As a Unit Manager with Exemplar Health Care, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team. You will have a person centred ethos and be committed to enriching the lives of the individuals in your care.
Copperfields is a purpose-built Complex care home, built from the ground up with our service users best experience in mind, opening this month in Leeds, we have immediate starts available after vetting.
Exemplar Health Care’s newest nursing home in Yorkshire will provide care for up to 30 younger adults, split into 3, 10 bedded units:
we will be supporting service users who have acquired brain injuries including stroke, degenerative neuro condition such as motor neurone disease. These are likely to have complex clinical needs as well as mental health needs including PEG feeds, vents, etc. this will be.
It will be service users presenting with complex dementia
Services users with personality disorders
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- £1500 Exemplar Welcome Reward*
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
- 28 days holiday
- Paid NMC registration after 12 months - Worth £120
- RCNi CPD e-learning – offers support and training for revalidation*
- Paid enhanced DBS check
- Exemplar rewards – Including retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500*
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline and face to face counselling
- Free financial advice and assistance
- Access to NVQ level 5 in leadership*
- Salary equivalent to the top end of NHS Band 6
What do we ask of you?
- You will be a registered nurse RMN / RGN / RNLD and will have a valid NMC pin.
- You will provide warmth, enthusiasm and compassion when providing care to our service users.
- You will always strive to provide great quality holistic care, making every day better than the last; promoting our core values: maintaining independence and dignity to our service users.
- You will be a team player, demonstrating outstanding communication skills and will be able to demonstrate effective teamwork as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- You’ll be up to date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations and will work using your initiative making effective decisions to improve care quality.
Exemplar provides the highest levels of quality care, and that means care for our staff as well as the people in our community homes. When you join Exemplar, you bring your energy and commitment to delivering the best care possible. Our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager