Clinical Nurse Manager
40 hours per week
Fairburn Mews WF102PY
About the Home
Fairburn Mews is a purpose built service in Castleford and has become home for 20 service users comprising of two specialist units. Lowrie unit is a specialist nursing unit for people who have a diagnosis of Huntington ’s disease and Hulme unit specialises in working with adults with a vast array of complex mental and physical health needs and associated challenging behaviours.
About the job
We are looking to recruit a passionate, dedicated a motivated nurse to offer clinical leadership within our 20 bedded home. Within your role you will work closely with the Home Manager supporting them to ensure the home runs effectively and efficiently and that the care provided is of the highest quality. Specific roles include:
- Deputising for home manager in their absence
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package, managing clinical governance within the home
- Participating in pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Providing safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Formulation and review of support plans
- Positively promote the home and engaging with potential funders
- Participating in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Participating in recruitment and supervision of staff
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
We expect that you will be a first level nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) with a current PIN with a least 2 years post registration experience. In addition you will need to be passionate about this role and lead by example. You'll need to be well organised, be able work on your own initiative and make decisions, whilst working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team. You will share our vision of enhancing lives of our service users. You should be up to date with current evidence based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC Standards and Regulations.
What do we offer
You will receive the training you need as soon as you join Exemplar. Your first two days will be spent completing a comprehensive induction and training programme, designed to give you all the information that you’ll need before you start working in the home. As an Exemplar Nurse you will then receive training on a continuing basis to help you build your clinical skills.
Your prospects for career development with Exemplar will be second to none because we support, nurture and develop all our staff. We recognise talent and commitment and promote from within. Exemplar can support you on your chosen career path.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care