Clinical Nurse Manager - Ideally RGN
Location: Rochdale, OL16 5NY
Salary: £38,500 per annum
Working Hours: This role will require you to work 2 x 12 hour shifts per week, with the rest of your week being supernumerary.
About the Home
Situated in a quiet, suburban area of Rochdale, Thames House brings together NHS specialist consultant neurologists, psychologists, GPs and Huntington’s Disease Association experts at innovative quarterly Huntington’s disease clinics. Hosting clinics at Thames House avoids changes in routine and the frustration of long hospital waits. Service users benefit from expert consultant care in a familiar environment.
Our Clinical Nurse Managers play a key part in the daily running of the Specialist Care Centre, working closely with the Registered Manager, ensuring that the Specialist Care Centre runs effectively and efficiently and that the care provided is of the highest quality. There will, of course, be times when you have to roll up your sleeves and deliver hands-on nursing and personal care but that’s the nature of the job, and it keeps your skills up to date.
About the job……
Your role will be to support the Registered Manager in the day to day activities in the Specialist Care Centre, so this means that you will be involved in:
- Managing the clinical and care teams
- Carrying out pre-admission assessments
- Conducting supervisions and appraisals
- Auditing, reviewing and updating care plans and medication records
- Managing staffing levels, compiling rotas etc.
- Assisting with staff training and development
You will be a registered nurse (RGN) with a valid NMC PIN.
You are well organised, able to make decisions and work on your own initiative whilst working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team. You will be up-to-date with current evidence-based practice and have a working knowledge of CQC standards and regulations.
Most importantly you are motivated by helping every individual, whether colleague or service user, to realise their full potential and be treated with dignity and respect.
What do we offer…
You will receive the training you need as soon as you join Exemplar. Your first four days will be spent completing a comprehensive induction and training programme, designed to give you all the information that you’ll need before you start working in the home. As an Exemplar Nurse you will then receive training on a continuing basis to help you build your clinical skills.
Your prospects for career development with Exemplar will be second to none because we support, nurture and develop all our staff. We recognise talent and commitment and promote from within. Exemplar can support you on your chosen career path.
Our benefits include:
- £1500 Exemplar Welcome Reward*
- 25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid NMC registration
- Paid DBS check
- Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers
- Refer a Friend scheme - Up to £1,500
- Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline
- Pension plan
- Free uniform
- Free car parking
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
* Exemplar Health Care is offering a £1500 welcome bonus to all new registered nurses and clinical professionals. The £1500 payment will be split over two instalments. £500 will be paid after induction training. £1000 will be paid after completion of a successful probation period. To qualify for the bonus applicants must apply directly to Exemplar.
For further information and an informal chat please contact our Nurse Talent Specialist Jane on 07497188234
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care