Role – Clinical Assessment Specialist
Reports to – Senior Clinical Assessment Specialist
About Exemplar Health Care
Exemplar Health Care provides specialist nurse-led care for adults living with complex needs including enduring mental health conditions, neuro-disabilities, learning disabilities, brain injuries and physical disabilities. With 46 purpose-built nurse-led care homes across the Midlands, Northeast, Northwest and Yorkshire and the Humber, our mission is to make every day better for everyone we care for and work with.
Summary of the role
Reporting to the Senior Clinical Assessment Specialist, you’ll work flexibly, as part of a highly motivated Clinical Assessment Team, supporting our specialist care homes to respond to an ever-growing number of service user referrals. The role is remote with travel to our portfolio of homes during your working hours.
We have an exciting and ambitious growth plan that aims to greatly expand our portfolio of homes over the coming years. We are therefore looking to further enhance our established function with the addition of this role. You will need to demonstrate passion, commitment and determination to ensure every referral to the organisation is managed to the highest standard and our customers receive an exemplary experience.
- Support our care homes to complete clinical pre-admission assessments, working closely alongside our operational and clinical colleagues. This involves flexibility to travel to different care settings nationwide within the allocated working day.
- Produce individual cost per care assessments that clearly demonstrate the specialist care package being proposed and the justification for the specific interventions and costs. This can be completed remotely from home
- Coach Clinical Nurse Managers and Home Managers in the assessment and costing process and be involved in delivering training.
- Support the processing of referrals received into the organisation, as requested by the Senior Clinical Assessment Specialist, working in conjunction with the Referrals and Occupancy Management Team.
- Uphold the company vision and drive the Exemplar Health Care strategy.
- Where required, support our homes with the reassessment of existing service users.
- Build relationships and opportunities with new and potential referrers.
- Attend conferences, events and networks to build relationships and raise Exemplar Health Care’s profile where required.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- an ability to conduct a thorough assessment of individual need and identify suitable packages of care to enable people to achieve their desired outcomes
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff and stakeholders
- 18 months’ experience working at a Clinical Nurse Manager level or above, or be able to demonstrate external experience relevant to the position
- a passion for working with individuals with complex health needs
- a desire to work as part a fast-paced, responsive team, to develop a systematic approach to referral management and ensure the highest standard of customer experience at all times.
- flexibility - the ability to work independently and as part of a team - good organisation skills, self-motivation is a must
- happy to travel to various different portfolio homes
- confidence in approach when representing Exemplar Health Care at internal, commissioner and contract meetings.
This is a nationwide role, covering our existing and new portfolio of homes, so the ability to drive and access to a car is essential.
Rewards and benefits of working at Exemplar Health Care
- Career development opportunities with access to CPD accredited training.
- Remote flexible working from home, Monday to Friday.
- Minimal on-call commitment to screen potential new referrals on a rota basis (currently one week in four).
- Competitive mileage for any distance further than your nearest Exemplar Health Care home.
- Pension contributions.
- My First Rewards - a fantastic rewards and benefits platform with exclusive lifestyle and retail discounts.
- Access to an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre.
- Paid DBS check.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.