We provide specialist nurse-led care for adults with complex needs arising from enduring mental ill-health, neuro-disability, profound learning disability and autism, brain injury and stroke.
Our mission is to make every day better for every one we care for and work with. At Exemplar, we enhance the lives of our services users, families and staff by providing everyone with the opportunity to develop, grow and reach their potential - irrespective of health or ability.
Our Values express what it is like to work in our organisation and our colleagues should make these a part of everything we do:
Fun: we encourage a fun environment for those who care and those cared for to promote good health and happiness
Integrity: we promote trust by leading through example, we will tell the truth, be honest and cat with transparency, always, no matter how difficult, we are loyal to those we care for n and work with.
Responsive: we have a listening culture and when we hear something is needed we respond quickly, diligently, and always with a smile.
Success: by always doing our best we aspire to be outstanding and seek to inspire others, we are driven to do our best and will strive to make every day better for all our people, we work towards a culture of continuous improvement individually, as a Home and as an organisation.
Teamwork: we are kind, committed and always there for each other, we work together to support one another in all we do health or ability.
To support the Head of Behavioural Support and Mental Health, and Operational team to manage and deliver the Quality agenda at Ribble View ensuring Service Users needs are fully met in high Quality Services rated good or outstanding with CQC. Ensure admissions are undertaken safely and staff are supported through training and coaching to manage mental health and risk. Also to support the Clinical team to deliver continuous improvement in quality standards, understand the root cause for incidents and regulatory failings, and drive regulatory compliance, learning and improvement and thus quality ratings.
- Maintain your nursing registration at all times to ensure you have the flexibility to work clinically if required
- Provide a detailed weekly report to the Head of Behavioural Support and Mental Health
- Provide an analysis of trends and management of clinical risk in the service
- Subject matter expert in all mental health and risk management in the community
- Subject matter expert in Mental Capacity and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Support RCA reporting and ensure the follow up of recommended actions in the operational line.
- Undertake all pre-admission assessments in collaboration with the Operational team to ensure admission are safely managed
- Support the implementation of new initiatives to improve Service User quality of life.
- Provide training, supervision and coaching to nursing and care staff to manage service users with complex mental health or risk-related needs
- The ability to advise on, undertake and lead physical interventions with service users displaying behaviours of concern
- Liaise with external agencies such as quality regulators, safeguarding leads, local authorities, CCGs, Health Watch, and other stakeholders to assist with quality improvement as required.
- Be prepared to provide support to other Exemplar services for defined periods of time as required by the business.
Qualifications and Training:
- Registered nurse with a current active PIN with the NMC
- An understanding of the UK regulatory framework and experience working with regulators and safeguarding teams.
- Strong Service User care focus.
- Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act as it applies to community settings, particularly interactions with the Mental Capacity Act
- Sound knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Up to date knowledge of clinical risk management and the ability to advise and support on risk considerations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Pragmatic in approach with strong problem solving and analytical skills and ability to apply these in complex and challenging situations.
- Able to train, coach and motivate others.
- Able to work collaboratively across the business.
“Every day I learn something new from my colleagues and service users which inspires me to be a better practitioner and a better person.”
Alexandra Ferone, Acting Clinical Nurse Manager