Position: Catering Manager
Care home: Tyne Grange
Location: Tyne Grange, Grainger Park Road Newcastle upon Tyne NE4 8RR
Contract type: Full Time Hours - 40 hours per week ( working every other weekend)
Rate: Up to £11.44 per hour depending on qualifications
Are you an experienced Chef with a flair for creating delicious, nutritious menus? Join us as our new Catering Manager at Tyne Grange care home in Newcastle upon Tyne.
As Catering Manager, you’ll lead our Catering Team in providing healthy and inviting meals for the people we support.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a brand new team, in a state of the art, purpose built kitchen. You’ll have the chance to really make your mark.
About Exemplar Health Care
Tyne Grange is part of Exemplar Health Care, one of the country’s leading nursing care providers.
When open, Tyne Grange will support adults living with complex mental health needs, neuro-disabilities and physical disabilities.
As well as stable and secure employment opportunities, we offer great benefits and perks, and plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and progress.
About the role
Our Catering Managers cook delicious and nourishing meals for people with a range of dietary requirements.
No two days will ever be the same, but your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- managing the day-to-day running of the kitchen
- preparing, cooking and serving food
- understanding people’s needs, likes and choices to develop suitable menus
- ensuring your Catering Team complies with food hygiene standards
- completing relevant checks and maintaining records
- controlling stock and purchases within an allocated budget
- leading and managing your Catering Team members, ensuring they receive induction, training and support as required.
If you haven’t worked in the care sector before, we’ll help you feel right at home from the start with our induction, buddy, and ongoing training programmes.
Download our job description to read more:
Above all, you’re someone who identifies with our values of fun, integrity, responsiveness, success and teamwork.
- a cook with a flair for creating delicious and nutritious meals for varied dietary requirements
- creative in menu development and food preparation
- an excellent team player, able to coordinate, support and motivate a team
- experienced in managing a catering budget
- adaptable and flexible
- someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We like our Catering Managers to have, or be working towards, a Level 3 Food Hygiene qualification.
As this is a management position, we expect you’ll have previous experience in a similar position and environment, ideally in leading a catering or kitchen team.
What we offer
We offer great rewards and perks including:
- excellent supervision, peer support, learning opportunities and career prospects
- access to wages before payday with fast P.A.Y.E
- retail and lifestyle reward discounts
- free DBS check
- 24/7 counselling and support
- Blue Light Card eligibility.
How to apply
Sound good? We’d love to hear from you. Click the button to ‘APPLY NOW’.
For an informal chat about joining us, call us on 01977 630830 or email email@example.com.
Please note, applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.