Location: Cheshire Springs, Chester Road, Whitby, Ellesmere Port CH65 6RY
Hours: Full time
Salary: £9.46 per hour + benefits
Immediate interviews available
Tomorrow’s Care” awards 2021 for our commitment to supporting colleagues , mental health and wellbeing so be assured you are joining a company that really does want to make every day better
Please note this is a managerial role that will be very hands on and include preparing and cooking food in an a safe manner as well as preparing a well-balanced diet for those with medical conditions or faiths which require special diets
Our new complex needs care home, Cheshire Springs will open in Spring 2022 and will provide specialist nursing care for adults living with a range of complex care needs. Once completed, Cheshire Springs will have 20 large bedrooms - each with an en-suite wet room. It will provide a community-based living for adults living with acquired brain injuries, spinal injuries, stroke and complex physical disabilities and mental health conditions. The home will be surrounded by an easy-access sensory garden and include a communal hub, living and dining spaces for residents and their friends and family to socialise. And the communal hub space can be accessed and rented by local community groups.
With excellent career development and the unique opportunity to be part of a team where you can make the difference and every day better.
The post of Kitchen / Catering Manager is all about ensuring that services users are offered meals which are nutritious, balanced and appetising, whilst catering for their dietary needs, likes and dislikes, working within IDDSI framework,
As the Kitchen / Catering Manager, your key tasks will include:
• Maintaining a balanced and varied menu
• Meeting with service users to identify their food likes/dislikes
• Menu planning in advance, ensuring that choice is offered for every meal
• Preparing and cooking food in an a safe manner
• Preparing a well-balanced diet for those with medical conditions or faiths which require special diets
• Ensuring that all food hygiene standards are complied with, completing all relevant checks and records
• Ensuring that the kitchen is staffed appropriately and that the team is provided with a full induction and training and development programme
• Controlling stock and purchases, working within an allocated budgets
• We would expect that you will have Food Hygiene Level 3 or be working towards it, and have previous experience in a similar position.
• You will have experience in leading a Catering or Kitchen team.
• Experience in preparing food for people with dysphagia would be extremely beneficial.
• The ability to prepare food that looks great, along with being safe and nutritionally balanced.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• 5.6 weeks holiday.
• Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and vouchers.
• Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline.
• Pension plan.
• Free car parking.
• Free uniform.
• Outstanding career progression.
• Comprehensive 4 day induction program.
• Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications.
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care