Kitchen / Catering Manager - £500 welcome bonus*
Care Home: Wykewood
Location: Huddersfield Road, Wyke, BD12 8AA
Hours: Full time (9-6pm) and NO EVENINGS with ALTERNATE WEEKENDS OFF
Hourly rate: £10.71 per hour + £500 welcome bonus*
Our new complex needs care home, Wykewood, opened in Spring 2021 and provides specialist nursing care for up to 40 adults living with a range of complex and high acuity care needs.
The post of Kitchen / Catering Manager is focused on ensuring services users are offered meals which are nutritious, balanced and appetising, whilst catering for their dietary needs, likes and dislikes, and working within the IDDSI framework.
As the Kitchen / Catering Manager, your key tasks will include:
- Maintaining a balanced and varied menu
- Leading a small catering team
- Meeting with service users to identify their food likes/dislikes
- Menu planning in advance, ensuring that choice is offered for every meal
- Preparing and cooking food in an a safe manner
- Preparing a well-balanced diet for those with medical conditions or faiths which require special diets
- Ensuring that all food hygiene standards are complied with, completing all relevant checks and records
- Ensuring that the kitchen is staffed appropriately and that the team is provided with a full induction and training and development programme
- Controlling stock and purchases, working within an allocated budgets
We would expect that you will have:
- Food Hygiene Level 3 or be working towards it, and have previous experience in a similar position.
- Experience in leading a Catering or Kitchen team.
- Experience in preparing food for people with dysphagia would be extremely beneficial.
- The ability to prepare food that looks great, along with being safe and nutritionally balanced.
As an integral and appreciated member of our Exemplar Health Care team you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• £500 welcome bonus
• 5.6 weeks holiday
• Exemplar rewards – retail discounts and voucher.
• Employee assistance program – 24 hour helpline
• Pension plan
• Free car parking
• Free uniform
• Outstanding career progression
• Comprehensive induction program
• Opportunity to progress and complete NVQ qualifications
“There are many career opportunities at Exemplar Health Care and the support that I’ve received has been amazing. Everyone at Exemplar Health Care is committed to not only our residents, but each other. I am proud to be part of the Exemplar family.”
Nurse – Exemplar Health Care